Edit Note Type Dialog
By defining a note type, you can control the way notes are displayed on the map.
- Enter a name for this category of notes. Choose a short name that describes the real-world object that this category represents.
- As you change Map Display settings, the Sample pane will show a preview of how the note will look on the map.
The controls in the Map Display section change the appearance of the note on the map.
- To prevent the map from getting cluttered, ExpertGPS removes detail and makes objects smaller as you zoom out. Notes with a higher Importance will be larger on the map, and will continue to be displayed as the map is zoomed further out. If you want ExpertGPS to always display the note at the same size, regardless of map scale, select an Importance of 0.
- Choose a symbol to display on the map.
- Choose between a serif and non-serif font for the note label on the map.
- To display all labels in capital letters, choose Uppercase.
- Use Italic for lakes and rivers, or Bold text to make your label stand out.
- Set the position of the label, relative to the note marker.
ExpertGPS works with hundreds of GPS receivers, including all Garmin Drive, nüvi, eTrex, Colorado, Dakota, echoMAP, GPSMAP, Edge, Forerunner, Montana, Oregon, and Rino models, Magellan eXplorist, Meridian, and SporTrak GPS receivers, and Lowrance iFinder, HDS, Elite, HOOK, LCX, and LMS GPS chartplotters and fishfinders.
Find your GPS on the ExpertGPS compatibility list.