Working with Waypoints
Waypoints mark the location of important points (trailheads, mountain summits, hunting locations, etc) on the map. You can use ExpertGPS to create new waypoints directly on the map, and to organize the waypoints you mark with your GPS receiver.
Creating New Waypoints
- Creating a new waypoint by clicking on the map.
- Creating a new waypoint by entering coordinates.
- Creating a new waypoint by averaging waypoints.
- Creating a new waypoint at a fixed distance and bearing.
- Editing a waypoint.
- Deleting a waypoint.
- Cutting a waypoint.
- Copying a waypoint.
- Pasting a waypoint.
Searching and Sorting
- Searching for specific waypoints in the list.
- Viewing a list of all waypoints.
- Hiding a waypoint.
- Viewing the waypoint online.
- Sending selected waypoints to the GPS.
- Sending all waypoints to the GPS.
- Receiving all waypoints from the GPS.
Viewing Waypoints on the Map
- Using the Waypoint tool on the map.
- Moving a waypoint's label on the map.
- Viewing selected waypoints on the map.
Distance and Bearing
Using Waypoints in a Route
Import and Export
ExpertGPS works with hundreds of GPS receivers, including all Garmin Drive, nüvi, eTrex, Colorado, Dakota, echoMAP, GPSMAP, Edge, Forerunner, Montana, Oregon, and Rino models, Magellan eXplorist, Meridian, and SporTrak GPS receivers, and Lowrance iFinder, HDS, Elite, HOOK, LCX, and LMS GPS chartplotters and fishfinders.
Find your GPS on the ExpertGPS compatibility list.