This section contains reference information about every toolbar in ExpertGPS.
- Create a new file.
- Open a file.
- Save the file in GPS Exchange (GPX) format.
- Print Preview
- Preview how the map, list, or elevation profile will look when printed.
- Send to GPS
- Send waypoints, routes, and tracks to the GPS.
- Receive from GPS
- Receive waypoints, routes, and tracks from the GPS.
- Enable Tracking
- Track your current position on the map.
- Enable Internet Map Retrieval
- Allow ExpertGPS to use your Internet connection to retrieve topo maps and aerial photos.
- Move Map Tool
- Drag the map to show a nearby location.
- Recenter Map Tool
- Click to recenter the map on a new location.
- Zoom Tool
- Change the scale of the map.
- Select Tool
- Select items on the map.
- Move Selected Tool
- Drag the selected items to a new location.
- Scissors Tool
- Break a route, track, or shape into two pieces.
- Waypoint Tool
- Click to create a new waypoint on the map.
- Route Tool
- Click on waypoints to join them into a route.
- Track Tool
- Draw a tracklog on the map.
- Shape Tool
- Draw a shape on the map.
- Note Tool
- Click to add a note to the map.
- Calibration Point 1 Tool
- Click to set the first calibration point on the Scanned Map.
- Calibration Point 2 Tool
- Click to set the second calibration point on the Scanned Map.
ExpertGPS works with hundreds of GPS receivers, including all Garmin Drive, nüvi, eTrex, Colorado, Dakota, echoMAP, GPSMAP, Edge, Forerunner, Montana, Oregon, and Rino models, Magellan eXplorist, Meridian, and SporTrak GPS receivers, and Lowrance iFinder, HDS, Elite, HOOK, LCX, and LMS GPS chartplotters and fishfinders.
Find your GPS on the ExpertGPS compatibility list.