Receive from GPS Command
The Receive from GPS command allows you to copy all of the waypoints, routes, and/or tracks from your GPS receiver to ExpertGPS.
To receive data from your GPS, do one of the following:
- On the , click .
- Click the button on the main toolbar.
- In a Map View, right-click on a blank spot on the map. On the , click .
The Receive from GPS dialog will appear.
- Receive from GPS
- Check the box next to each type of data to transfer from your GPS to ExpertGPS.
- GPS Settings
- Select the GPS receiver that is currently connected to your GPS. The connection settings for the selected GPS receiver are displayed below. If the connection settings are not correct, close the Receive from GPS dialog and open the My GPS Receivers dialog to correct them.
The Progress dialog will appear and show the time remaining for the GPS transfer.
If an Error Occurs:
- Read GPS Transfer Errors.
- Turn the GPS off and back on again to reset the GPS interface before attempting any further GPS actions.
ExpertGPS works with hundreds of GPS receivers, including all Garmin Drive, nüvi, eTrex, Colorado, Dakota, echoMAP, GPSMAP, Edge, Forerunner, Montana, Oregon, and Rino models, Magellan eXplorist, Meridian, and SporTrak GPS receivers, and Lowrance iFinder, HDS, Elite, HOOK, LCX, and LMS GPS chartplotters and fishfinders.
Find your GPS on the ExpertGPS compatibility list.