The Map menu contains commands that apply to the Street Map, Topo Map, Aerial Photo Map, and Scanned Map views in ExpertGPS.
- Show Street Map
- Show a street map. (Worldwide coverage.)
- Show Aerial Photo
- Show an aerial photo. (Worldwide Coverage.)
- Show Topo Map (USA Only)
- Show a scanned, seamless USGS topographic map. (US Coverage.)
- Show Nautical Chart
- Show a scanned paper map or digital chart. (US Coverage.)
- Show Scanned Map
- Show a scanned paper map or digital chart.
- Show White Background
- Show a map with a white background.
- Zoom Commands
- Change the scale of the map.
- Export Image
- Save the map to an image file for use in a presentation or to display on your Web site.
- Print Map
- Select the area of the map to be printed.
- Map Display Options
- Change the way items are displayed on the map.
- Enable Internet Map Image Retrieval
- Allow ExpertGPS to access the Internet to retrieve topo maps and aerial photos.
- Show Map Retrieval Status
- Show the number of map images queued for retrieval from the Internet map servers.
- Customize Map Server
- Use your preferred mapping and imagery providers for the base maps in ExpertGPS.
- Refresh Old or Broken Map Tiles
- Download new map tiles to replace or repair the ones currently showing on-screen.
- Add and Calibrate a New Scanned Map
- Import a map in JPEG, PNG, TIFF, or BMP format.
- Automatically Add a USGS Topo Map
- Automatically download a pre-calibrated, high-resolution scanned copy of the USGS topo map for the location shown on the map.
- Calibrate Scanned Map
- Calibrate the scanned map by specifying the coordinates of two known points on the map.
- Switch to Another Scanned Map
- Close the current scanned map and load a new one in the same window.
- Open Scanned Map Library
- Manage your collection of scanned paper maps and digital charts.
- Go to the Center of the Scanned Map
- Recenters the map on the center of the scanned map.
- Go to the Upper Left Corner
- Recenters the map on the upper left corner of the scanned map.
- Go to the Upper Right Corner
- Recenters the map on the upper right corner of the scanned map.
- Go to the Lower Left Corner
- Recenters the map on the lower left corner of the scanned map.
- Go to the Lower Right Corner
- Recenters the map on the lower right corner of the scanned map.
- Go to Calibration Point 1
- Recenters the scanned map on the first calibration point.
- Go to Calibration Point 2
- Recenters the scanned map on the second calibration point.
- Add to Map Legend
- Add the selected item to the Map Legend.
- Extract Map Features from OpenStreetMap
- Automatically create vector shapes for the roads, trails, and other features in the area shown on the map.
- Add a New Layer
- Select a GPX, SHP, or DXF file to use as a read-only layer in ExpertGPS.
- Organize Layers
- Add, edit, or delete layers.
- [Select a Layer]
- Layers with a checkmark next to them will be displayed on the map. Click the layer name in the menu to toggle it on or off.
ExpertGPS works with hundreds of GPS receivers
, including all
GPS receivers, and
GPS chartplotters and fishfinders.
Find your GPS on the ExpertGPS compatibility list