New Waypoint Command
The New Waypoint command creates a new waypoint.
To create a new waypoint by clicking on the map, do the following:
- Click on the map with the Waypoint Tool.
- The Edit Waypoint dialog will appear. Enter a label to display on the map. The coordinates displayed are already set to the location on the map where you clicked.
- To rapidly create new waypoints without displaying the Edit Waypoint dialog, hold the Shift key while clicking on the map. The waypoints will have the same type as the last waypoint you created.
To create a new waypoint by entering coordinates, do one of the following:
- On the , click .
- Press F3.
The Edit Waypoint dialog will appear. Enter a label to display on the map, and change the coordinates to their proper value.
The Add Another Waypoint dialog will appear. If you have additional waypoints to enter, click. Otherwise, click .
To create a new waypoint at a point on the Elevation Profile, do the following:
- View an Elevation Profile.
- Place the Marker at the location of the new waypoint.
- Click the button.
ExpertGPS works with hundreds of GPS receivers, including all Garmin Drive, nüvi, eTrex, Colorado, Dakota, echoMAP, GPSMAP, Edge, Forerunner, Montana, Oregon, and Rino models, Magellan eXplorist, Meridian, and SporTrak GPS receivers, and Lowrance iFinder, HDS, Elite, HOOK, LCX, and LMS GPS chartplotters and fishfinders.
Find your GPS on the ExpertGPS compatibility list.