Calibration Point 2 Tool
The Calibration Point 2 Tool sets the location of the second calibration point on a Scanned Map.
To select the Calibration Point 2 Tool, do the following:
- View a scanned map.
- Then, do one of the following:
- On the , point to , and click .
- Press 2.
- Click the button on the Map toolbar.
- The cursor will change to
|Click||Enter coordinates for the second calibration point|
|Hold down the Shift key and click||Select a waypoint as the second calibration point|
|Right-click||Shows the Shortcut Menu|
Setting the second calibration point by entering coordinates
To enter the coordinates of the second calibration point, do the following:
- Position the Calibration Point 2 Tool over a point on the map where you know the correct coordinates. (a grid line intersection, for example)
- The Edit Calibration Point dialog will appear. Enter the coordinates, and click .
Setting the second calibration point by selecting a waypoint
To select a waypoint as the second calibration point, do the following:
- Position the Calibration Point 2 Tool over a feature on the map which corresponds to a waypoint in the file. (a mountain summit, the trailhead parking lot)
- Hold down the Shift key.
- The Select Waypoint dialog will appear. Select the corresponding waypoint, and click
Showing the Shortcut Menu
To show the Shortcut Menu, right-click on the map.
If an item is selected on the map, the Shortcut Menu for that item will be shown. If nothing is selected, the Map Shortcut Menu will be shown.
ExpertGPS works with hundreds of GPS receivers, including all Garmin Drive, nüvi, eTrex, Colorado, Dakota, echoMAP, GPSMAP, Edge, Forerunner, Montana, Oregon, and Rino models, Magellan eXplorist, Meridian, and SporTrak GPS receivers, and Lowrance iFinder, HDS, Elite, HOOK, LCX, and LMS GPS chartplotters and fishfinders.
Find your GPS on the ExpertGPS compatibility list.