The Track menu contains commands to select, view, and delete items.
- Draw a New Track on the Map
- Draw a tracklog on the map.
- Draw a New Shape on the Map
- Draw a shape on the map.
- Show a List of all the Tracks
- Show a list of tracks.
- Show a List of all the Shapes
- Show a list of shapes.
- Show Elevation Profile for Selected Track
- Show an elevation profile of the selected track or shape.
- Get Elevation for Points in the Track
- Get elevation data for the track from the global elevation database at ExpertGPS.com.
- Simplify the Track (Reduce Number of Trackpoints)
- Remove points from the track or shape to make a smoother line that approximates the shape of the original.
- Close the Track (Create Polygon)
- Connect the starting and ending points of the route, track, or shape to create a filled object.
- Reverse the Track's Direction
- Reverse the direction of the route, track, or shape.
- Back-track to the Selected Point
- Backtrack to the Track's marker.
- Break the Selected Track into Two Tracks
- Break the track or shape into two parts at the marker location.
- Split the Selected Track into Two Tracks
- Split the track or shape into two parts at the marker location.
- Join Two Tracks Together
- Join the selected items together to create one item.
- Remove Gaps in the Track
- Remove gaps or breaks in the track caused by poor GPS reception, or the Join command.
- Measure Distance or Speed along the Track
- Colorize the selected route, track, or shape to show changes in speed, elevation, distance, or other measured parameters.
- Measure Options
- Choose how to display the speed, distance, grade, or other parameters along the measured tracks.
- Create Buffer
- Create a wetlands protection zone or right-of-way easement around the selected tracks or shapes.
- Place Label Here
- Put the label for the selected item at this location on the map.
- Delete Points
- Delete the points in the selected portion of the track or shape.
- Clear Selection
- Clear the selected portion of the track or shape.
ExpertGPS works with hundreds of GPS receivers
, including all
GPS receivers, and
GPS chartplotters and fishfinders.
Find your GPS on the ExpertGPS compatibility list