The Track menu contains commands to select, view, and delete items.
- Draw a New Track on the Map
- Draw a tracklog on the map.
- Draw a New Shape on the Map
- Draw a shape on the map.
- Show a List of all the Tracks
- Show a list of tracks.
- Show a List of all the Shapes
- Show a list of shapes.
- Show Elevation Profile for Selected Track
- Show an elevation profile of the selected track or shape.
- Get Elevation for Points in the Track
- Get elevation data for the track from the global elevation database at ExpertGPS.com.
- Simplify the Track (Reduce Number of Trackpoints)
- Remove points from the track or shape to make a smoother line that approximates the shape of the original.
- Close the Track (Create Polygon)
- Connect the starting and ending points of the route, track, or shape to create a filled object.
- Reverse the Track's Direction
- Reverse the direction of the route, track, or shape.
- Back-track to the Selected Point
- Backtrack to the Track's marker.
- Break the Selected Track into Two Tracks
- Break the track or shape into two parts at the marker location.
- Split the Selected Track into Two Tracks
- Split the track or shape into two parts at the marker location.
- Join Two Tracks Together
- Join the selected items together to create one item.
- Remove Gaps in the Track
- Remove gaps or breaks in the track caused by poor GPS reception, or the Join command.
- Measure Distance or Speed along the Track
- Colorize the selected route, track, or shape to show changes in speed, elevation, distance, or other measured parameters.
- Measure Options
- Choose how to display the speed, distance, grade, or other parameters along the measured tracks.
- Place Label Here
- Put the label for the selected item at this location on the map.
- Delete Points
- Delete the points in the selected portion of the track or shape.
- Clear Selection
- Clear the selected portion of the track or shape.
ExpertGPS works with hundreds of GPS receivers, including all Garmin Drive, nüvi, eTrex, Colorado, Dakota, echoMAP, GPSMAP, Edge, Forerunner, Montana, Oregon, and Rino models, Magellan eXplorist, Meridian, and SporTrak GPS receivers, and Lowrance iFinder, HDS, Elite, HOOK, LCX, and LMS GPS chartplotters and fishfinders.
Find your GPS on the ExpertGPS compatibility list.