Print Map Dialog
Use the Print Map dialog to customize how your printed map will appear. Give your map a title, set the exact scale, and add overlays.
- Map Title
- If you enter a title for the map, it will be added to the bottom margin of the printed map.
- Print Scale
- Enter the scale at which the map will be printed.
- Zoom Level
- If you choose Same as Screen, the same map background tiles that display on the screen at this map scale will be printed. The map background will be printed at 96 DPI. Choosing +1 causes ExpertGPS to load and print the map tiles that you would see on screen if you zoomed in once. The map background will be printed at 192 DPI. Choosing +2 will print map tiles as if you'd zoomed in twice. The map background will be printed at 384 DPI, which will give the sharpest results. If map tiles need to be loaded, when you click Preview, you will see blank areas on the map, and the Internet Map Retrieval Status Window will appear. Wait until the map download queue reads zero, and then click to refresh the display. Once all of the tiles have loaded, you may print.
- Choose Portrait for a vertical map image, or Landscape for maps that are wider than they are tall.
- Magnetic North Lines
- Your map will have magnetic north lines printed over the background, which you can use to quickly align your map with your compass.
- Magnetic North Lines
- Your map will have magnetic north lines printed over the background, which you can use to quickly align your map with your compass. The spacing between lines is twice the distance shown on the scale bar.
- Compass Rose
- Your map will have a magnetic compass rose drawn in the center, with a circle of radiating lines drawn every 10 degrees. To quickly determine a magnetic bearing between two points on the map, place an object with a straight edge (like a credit card or ruler) between the two points, and then slide it to the center crosshair without rotating it. Read the bearing of the closest radiating line.
- Print Setup
- Click Print Setup to open the Print Setup dialog to change the printer or printing options.
- Click Preview to open the Print Preview dialog to preview how the map will appear
- Click Print to print the map.
ExpertGPS works with hundreds of GPS receivers, including all Garmin Drive, nüvi, eTrex, Colorado, Dakota, echoMAP, GPSMAP, Edge, Forerunner, Montana, Oregon, and Rino models, Magellan eXplorist, Meridian, and SporTrak GPS receivers, and Lowrance iFinder, HDS, Elite, HOOK, LCX, and LMS GPS chartplotters and fishfinders.
Find your GPS on the ExpertGPS compatibility list.