Working with Waypoints
Waypoints mark the location of important points (trailheads, mountain summits, hunting locations, etc) on the map. You can use ExpertGPS to create new waypoints directly on the map, and to organize the waypoints you mark with your GPS receiver.
- Creating a new waypoint by clicking on the map.
- Creating a new waypoint by entering coordinates.
- Creating a new waypoint by averaging waypoints.
- Creating a new waypoint at a fixed distance and bearing.
- Editing a waypoint.
- Editing multiple waypoints.
- Deleting a waypoint.
- Cutting a waypoint.
- Copying a waypoint.
- Pasting a waypoint.
- Sending selected waypoints to the GPS.
- Sending all waypoints to the GPS.
- Receiving all waypoints from the GPS.
- Using the Waypoint tool on the map.
- Recentering the map on a waypoint.
- Moving a waypoint's label on the map.
- Viewing selected waypoints on the map.
ExpertGPS works with hundreds of GPS receivers, including all Garmin Drive, nüvi, eTrex, Colorado, Dakota, echoMAP, GPSMAP, Edge, Forerunner, Montana, Oregon, and Rino models, Magellan eXplorist, Meridian, and SporTrak GPS receivers, and Lowrance iFinder, HDS, Elite, HOOK, LCX, and LMS GPS chartplotters and fishfinders.
Find your GPS on the ExpertGPS compatibility list.