ExpertGPS can calculate the distance and bearing between two points, as well as the total distances of routes, tracks, and shapes.
To calculate the distance from one waypoint to another, do the following:
- View the Waypoint List.
- Set the starting waypoint as the Active Point.
- The distance from the Active Point to every other waypoint will be displayed in the Distance to Active Point column.
- If the Distance to Active Point column is not visible in the list, select it using the Select Columns command.
To calculate distance on the map, do the following:
- View a map.
- Set the Active Point at the starting location.
- Move the cursor over the map. The distance and bearing from the Active Point will be displayed in the lower right corner of the main ExpertGPS window.
To see the total distance of a route, track, or shape, do the following:
- View the Route, Track or Shape List.
- The distance will be displayed in the Distance column.
- If the Distance column is not visible in the list, select it using the Select Columns command.
ExpertGPS works with hundreds of GPS receivers
, including all
GPS receivers, and
GPS chartplotters and fishfinders.
Find your GPS on the ExpertGPS compatibility list