Edit Track Command
The Edit Track Command displays the Edit Track Dialog, allowing you to make changes to the track.
To edit a track, select it and press Enter or right-click on the selected track, and click .
The Edit Track dialog will appear, allowing you to make changes to the track.
- Select a category for this track by choosing an existing Type from the drop-down list, or start typing to create a new Type. Learn more about working with types.
- Label on Map
- Enter the text to be displayed on the map.
- Text Size
- Set the font size for this track. This also sets the default text size for tracks you create in the future.
- Name on GPS
- Enter a unique identifying name for your track. If your GPS identifies tracks by name, this name will be sent to your GPS. ExpertGPS will automatically generate a track name as you type in the Label field.
- Enter a description of the track. This information is not sent to your GPS, but you can use it to store your own notes for future reference.
- Map Display Style (for all tracks of this type)
- You can specify a unique map display style for each category (Type) of track that you create in ExpertGPS. For example, all of your paddling tracks could be a dashed orange line, and all of your hiking tracks could be a different color. You can use the Fill pattern and color for closed tracks like a fence line or property border.
- Display Navigation Info
- Check these boxes to display the distance, bearing, and back-bearing for each straight-line section of the track. This is useful if you've hand-drawn a track on the map with straight-line sections across a bay or between navigation buoys. You may need to zoom in on the map to allow enough room for the text to appear.
- Override color for this track only
- All tracks of the same Type will be drawn with the same line width, pattern, and opacity, according to your Map Display Style settings. However, you may want to distinguish a single Hiking track from the other Hiking tracks on your map. Selecting a color here will override the track color in Map Display Style, but only for this individual track.
ExpertGPS works with hundreds of GPS receivers, including all Garmin Drive, nüvi, eTrex, Colorado, Dakota, echoMAP, GPSMAP, Edge, Forerunner, Montana, Oregon, and Rino models, Magellan eXplorist, Meridian, and SporTrak GPS receivers, and Lowrance iFinder, HDS, Elite, HOOK, LCX, and LMS GPS chartplotters and fishfinders.
Find your GPS on the ExpertGPS compatibility list.