Edit Waypoint Dialog
Edit your GPS waypoints to include your notes and extra information about the locations. The extra information you include will make your waypoints more meaningful to you in the future, and will allow you to share them with others.
- Select a category for this waypoint using the Type Controls. The type you select will determine how ExpertGPS displays your waypoint on the map.
- Enter the text to be displayed on the map.
- Enter a description of the waypoint. This information is not sent to your GPS, but you can use it to store your own notes about the waypoint location.
- Enter a unique identifying name for the waypoint. This name will be displayed on your GPS. ExpertGPS will automatically generate a waypoint name as you type in the Label field. To use this name, click the button.
- Enter a short description of the waypoint to display on your GPS. Some GPS receivers do not display comments. ExpertGPS will automatically generate a comment as you type in the Description field. To use this comment, click the button.
- Enter the coordinates of the waypoint in the Edit Coordinates dialog.
- The GPS symbol is automatically chosen when you select a Type at the top of the dialog. If you select a symbol here, the Type will be changed according to the settings in the Received Waypoint Types dialog. Click Settings to open the dialog.
- Enter the elevation of your waypoint.
- If this waypoint marks a fishing location, enter the water depth.
- To have your GPS alert you when you approach this waypoint, enter a proximity distance..
- If this waypoint marks a fishing location, enter the water temperature.
- Add, edit, or view Web pages or files related to the waypoint by clicking on the Links buttons.
ExpertGPS works with hundreds of GPS receivers, including all Garmin Drive, nüvi, eTrex, Colorado, Dakota, echoMAP, GPSMAP, Edge, Forerunner, Montana, Oregon, and Rino models, Magellan eXplorist, Meridian, and SporTrak GPS receivers, and Lowrance iFinder, HDS, Elite, HOOK, LCX, and LMS GPS chartplotters and fishfinders.
Find your GPS on the ExpertGPS compatibility list.