Map Display Options Dialog
Use the controls on the Map Display Options dialog to customize how objects are displayed on the map.
You can choose different colors to use when drawing items on each of the four types of maps in ExpertGPS. Choose colors that make your GPS data easy to see against the map.
- Grid Lines
- Choose a color to use when drawing the grid lines and grid line labels on the map.
- Scale Bar
- Choose a color to use when drawing the scale bar and range rings on the map.
- Label Text
- Choose a color to use when labelling your GPS data on the map.
- Select the type of background to draw behind waypoint and note labels:
- The label is drawn without any label.
- The label will be drawn on a transparent (50% opaque) background.
- The label will be drawn on a solid (100% opaque) background.
- The label will be drawn on a solid background with a box drawn around it.
- Text Size
- To increase the size of labels on the map, choose a larger text size. To hide all text on the map, choose Hide All.
- Scroll automatically at map edge
- To automatically scroll the map when the cursor is placed near the edge of the map, check Scroll automatically at map edge. Use this setting while drawing long routes or tracks to reduce the need to switch to the Move Map tool every time your path takes you off the edge of the map screen.
- To display a small crosshair at the waypoint location, instead of the larger waypoint symbol, select Off.
- Select the waypoint data field to display on the map. To turn off waypoint text on the map, select Off.
- Select the data field to display when the cursor is hovering over an object. If the hover text obstructs your view of the map, select Off.
- Grid Lines
- To change the number of grid lines on the map, change the Grid Lines setting. Select None to display the map without grid lines.
- Scale Bar
- Select the type of scale bar to display:
- Do not display a scale bar on the map
- Display a large bar, selecting the most appropriate scale unit automatically
- Display a small bar, selecting the most appropriate scale unit automatically
- Display a small bar, using Range Rings distance as the scale unit
- Range Rings
- To draw a series of five concentric rings on the map, enter a distance. Use the range rings to quickly determine the distance of objects from the Active Point. When you no longer need the range rings on the map, clear the Range Rings edit box to remove the rings from the map.
ExpertGPS works with hundreds of GPS receivers, including all Garmin Drive, nüvi, eTrex, Colorado, Dakota, echoMAP, GPSMAP, Edge, Forerunner, Montana, Oregon, and Rino models, Magellan eXplorist, Meridian, and SporTrak GPS receivers, and Lowrance iFinder, HDS, Elite, HOOK, LCX, and LMS GPS chartplotters and fishfinders.
Find your GPS on the ExpertGPS compatibility list.